Thursday, October 7, 2010

What I would like to accomplish in a day





Kids learning to Paint


My husband who is a painting carpenter by trade decided ALL the kids were going
to paint the outside of the house. Now my husband is pretty amazing but this
even amazed me! 18 kids 4-17 painting.....

While driving home from the Library field trip yesterday I just started to think and
write what things I REALLY wanted to accomplish in a day.

Now let me tell you right off the bat I NEVER accomplish all these things but we have to have something to aim for right?

I WANT to wake up early every morning and spend time ALONE with God.
I WANT to hear from God every day the direction he wants me to take.
Jesus tells us that His sheep hear His voice (John 10:27).
I WANT to homeschool every day with joy and a gentle spirit.
I WANT to always remember to pray, do devotions and have worship.
I WANT to serve Liberia Africa.
I WANT to always appreciate my husband.
I WANT to always remember to pray for our adult kids and grandkids.
I want to always serve nutritious meals.

Oh and I am sure I could think of tons more.

I know it all boils down to one thing.

SURRENDER

Believing that if my heart is right......

The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks. (Lu 6:45)

and...if I lay all of my wants at the SAVIORS feet everything HE wants will be accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment