Saturday, August 20, 2011

Back from Africa and ADOPTIONS





I just got back from a wonderful trip to Liberia. What a privilege it is to
hold and love on all of the special need children in the Forget-Me-Not Program.
I was just amazed at how they have all grown! They are so attached to their
caregivers and foster sisters and brothers. What a difference it makes to be
placed in a loving family and not an orphanage. I am so thankful to God for closing
the doors to the initial plans to open an orphanage.

"...For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..."

Jeremiah 29:11


It really touched my heart to see all the kids in the area coming to play
with FMN kids. I brought out bubbles, coloring books and toys and everyone
just jumped in to play. That we would all be little children in our hearts.
Loving others without judgement, not seeing the difference in the people
around us, but opening our hearts as Jesus does.

When I look at Karen, age 4 with Cerebral Palsy I only see one precious little girl.
Karen came into the program from a orphanage for special needs adults. Though I desperately wanted to hold her and make her smile she just wanted her caregiver.
Now all of us in the adoption world know what a wonderful sign it is when a child
is firmly attached to one caregiver. In her foster mothers presence she played
a small piano, laughed, stood by herself with the help of the wall and got really
excited when we introduced her to peanut butter.

I know that Karen would flourish and grow even more if adopted in the U.S. and had access to medical treatment here.

If anyone would like to know more about adopting Karen please contact me
RonTanya777@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment