Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ever thought God wasn't listening?




I recently went through a time when I just wasn't sure God was listening. I
cried out for so many things that I was anxious to hear about, finding a
church, finding sponsors for our special need kids in Liberia Africa through
Global Orphan Outreach, healing for my grandaughter with asthma, just to name
a few. I just couldn't hear God's directions. What makes it really hard
is remembering the times he was so close... hearing every word he said
and even hearing him audibly at times. So I prayed again for him to give
me understanding in his word.

He took me to James 1
If you lack WISDOM, ask God, who gives GENEROUSLY to all without finding fault. But when you ask, you must BELIEVE and not doubt, otherwise you are like the waves of the sea tossed and blown by the wind.

I just left of the believe part! I have to KNOW he is going to answer, even
if it isn't what I want to hear, even if it is done in silence.

All of the Liberian children found sponsor but one precious one, my grandaughter
is out of the hospital and God is in the process of finding us a church.

It is good to hear you again Lord.

This is a picture of my three sons catching bugs. Actually it is part of
homeschooling. You just have to love homeschooling! Charlotte Mason really
loved nature and encouraged kids to get out of the house and look around.
We are blessed to now live on 20 acres in Texas and there is LOTS of nauture.
We find the bugs (or anything else living) draw it, look it up on the internet,
oh and ahhh over it and let it go. It's great.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this SO MUCH. Tanya Used so many Bible verses in her text. All Very Good to READ. I was also So Happy to see SO Many Pictures of the Kids!!! I'm working with Pictures right now getting a Video ready for Pastor's Appreciation Day, and have reviewed Most of the 1724 Pictures +, and compared to what I used last year, will only be able to pick around 270! I've been enjoying this so much because your Family is in such a large % of these pictures. You know that they are very much missed here, and I will share these Pics with NWWC on this Pastor's Appreciation Day, not this Sunday, but Next Sunday. I love you All. Please tell the Kids that karla sends them her love!

    ReplyDelete