Friday, March 5, 2010

New children and more birthdays

Anthony and Omar Birthday
Melvin three
Korpu three
Korpu three
Korpu at her orphanage








These two angels have failure to thrive. It is amazing to me that EVERY child in an orphanage, foster home or abadoned doesn't have FTT. How does a child, especially a young child, find the will to keep
going when they feel unloved, many times go without food, and live in deplorable conditions. Some miracle
just keep some kids pushing on.... hoping that someday they will be cherished. For these two children (and
many others) we will just have to convince them they are loved, by us, their caregivers and most of all by God.

Also praying constantly that adoptions would open back up in Liberia. I would so love to see our Forget me not children find adoptive homes. The program provides so much for these little ones, but it still can't replace the care and opportunities in the US.

Omar and Anthony celebrated birthdays today. I asked them if they wanted to pick out their own presents and they said Yes, so off to Target we went. They were so excited. CeCe one of my older daughters made cupcakes and we all sang happy birthday. It wasn't much but they were happy and content.
Funny just a few years ago (before we had so many kids) we had chuck e cheese, skating and jump house birthdays. I felt really bad when we had to trim birthdays way down because of expenses but the bottom line is that is hasn't changed anything. They are as happy and content with cake, candles, presents and all the family make a huge celebration of another year of their
precious lives.


We all have the ability to be content with so little and yet it is so hard. I believe God is trying to teach me to REALLY trust him for all things. That each morsel that comes into my mouth, for each piece of clothing on my back and for each step I walk into the future.








Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

Philippians 4:11-13 (New Living Translation)



No comments:

Post a Comment