Saturday, March 27, 2010

We can control what we think?


Kids treating our pot belly like a baby







Conner a warrior for Christ






New chickens and ducks





Richard







Anna gettin her hair done











Yeawee with a new hairdo

Mary getting her hair done





Nothing like trying to stuff all of your blog thoughts into one blog! It is
so easy to procrastinate on blogging but like all things, you pay the price
when you try to cram it all in.


Last week my three little girls had their hair done. It was really difficult
finding a place that would accept our family (multiracial) into their
shop. I am afraid that I live in a "love your neighbor as yourself" mindset
and have a severe blow to my senses when we are not accepted
in the African American world. But I reasoned if I got angry about it, what
difference am I am I making in a hurtful world? How will I help bridge the
the gap and instill the hope that is only through Jesus our Savior?

NONE.

So I just prayed. And a faithful Savior sent me a Godly woman to do the girls
hair. Because irregardless of race, we share a different hope, the loving power
of a living God!

I was just in awe of her ability to braid the girls hair almost without even
thinking or looking. I so wished I had that ability, but there is no way to
make up for years of cultural training. We can do everything in our ability
to make up for what our children loose by being adopted transracially, but we
do not make up for that. But I so want to shout to the cultural world "WHAT
ARE THE OPTIONS." Sure it is best that children be adopted into the same racial
culture, but there just isn't enough adoptive homes, and for whatever reason
even fewer African Amercian homes. So.... children linger in foster homes or
starve to death in foreign countries or become so damaged by orphanages they
cannot function in life.

So I will just love my way through it. Teach my children the realities of life,
but also teach them through Jesus we have to power to overcome the pain of sin.
And believe that Jesus will send me some of his children to help.....

John 13:34 - A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.


Yesterday I went to the video store to try to find something we could watch.
It is becoming so difficult. I decided to rent a DVD by Joyce Meyers, "Battlefield
of the mind." I had seen the book on many occasions but didn't feel it had
anything to offer me. WAS I WRONG! I am going to memorize this DVD, buy the
book, download the audio to my ipod. Some things are just life changing.

Why is it that something so simple can mean so much. Like we can CHOOSE what we
think. We do not have to let Satan torture us with the things we don't do
but can continually rejoice in the things we do that are right. That ALL the
weapons to fight this warfare are contained in one book, the BIBLE, and it
is ours for the memorizing.


2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (New International Version)
3For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

So when those thoughts come today that do not line up with the word of GOD
they gotta go! Every thought will be taken to the obedience of Christ.

Thank you Lord for the reminder!

3 comments:

  1. I read these verses today in my Bible study and I thought of you and this post. John 17:22-23:22I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

    Good to hear from you again Tanya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey,
    What an encouragement. Thank YOU...
    Big Hugs! Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difference you are making. I'm so glad to have found your blog. I will be praying for your family.
    Praising Him,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete