Friday, July 9, 2010

MIRACLES ARE STILL HAPPENING


Korpu laughing and playing.

Korpu when she came into our program with failure to thrive.

Abigail 2 1/2 months later. Notice those chubby cheeks!



Abigail when she started in our outreach program



Kenneth now standing against the wall.


Kenneth when he came into the forget me not program

I have to be so careful to notice EVERY little miracle that God sends my way.
Some are huge and obvious like Kenneth and Abigail and others are slow... miracles
that happen one step at a time.

Abigail had gained 4 lbs and is crawling! Now for a four year old that might not seem like a miracle... but when I held her in Liberia last April, she could barley
hold up her head, seemed unaware of where she was and didn't care who held her.

Kenneth, small adorable Kenneth is standing against the wall. How is that even possible? Tiny and fragile he just seemed like a small infant in my arms just a few months ago.

Luke 4:18 (New International Version)

18"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,


And let's not forget Korpu. She came to us with failure to thrive... dying slowly, and now she not only lives but is HAPPY.

Personal miracles abound also....

My son Joe was stung by a bee and we found out he was allergic. I gave him benadryl right away but the swelling continued and he broke out in an awful rash and had numbness and pain. Being a nurse I knew full well what COULD happen if I couldn't get him to a hospital fast enough. So I jumped in the van and headed to the nearest hospital twenty minutes away. Now I would like to say I was in full control but when it comes to my kids I am one lousy nurse. So I drove and prayed..... knowing that everything that happens is in the hands of my God. And as I have read this week in Luke.. the spirit of God was on me. His presence filled my heart and my soul with his peace and Joe continued to breath.

Was this a miracle? I would say so. How many times has God intervened and I didnt' even know it? I am not sure, but I will Praise him for the mircles I can see and the ones I can't.

Our pastor has given us a challenge to read the bible in a year and handed out an outline on how to accomplish this. At first I was hesitant. I read my bible most days, feel I am pretty familiar with the word do I really want to take this on? Well I did and I was terribly wrong. Already I am amazed at what Jesus is teaching me.


Luke 9:23 (New International Version)

23Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me


So Lord, I am going to look for miracles every day and even if I don't SEE one I will
know that they are still there, both in Liberia and here at home.

And if I forget to tell you Lord.... Thanks for all you do.

1 comment:

  1. Tanya, for future reference, the "weed" plantain is great for any kind of sting--bees, wasps, fire ants, etc. In an emergency you can chew a leaf, then spit it out and apply that to the sting or bite. Leave this on as you go to the hospital if you are allergic, but it will begin to draw out the venom for you.

    ReplyDelete