Wednesday, September 1, 2010



My daughter Paige and grandson Zach loving being kissed.




My son Wes and my Brother Art




Blake, Wesley (sons) Treva (daughter-in-law), Crystal (girlfriend) and Mason.


Recently I took a trip to California by myself. I had to have some dental work done, (a lot less expensive in Ca) needed to do some business, but the biggest treat was spending time with my grown kids and grandkids. I stated with my son Wesley and his wife Treva and my grandson Zach. All of the family is so easy going that staying with them was like being at home. My son Blake was home for his two weeks from work (Alaska oil rigs) and he picked me up and we spent a lot of time also. Blake is my baby of the grown kids. Funny how your babies are always your babies. He has a wonderful girlfriend with a little boy name Mason.
Paige my daughter who lives with Wes was in and out when she wasn't working. It was the first time in a very long time that I had time to spend with my grown kids without a lot of distractions. I attended Zach's football game and Mason's birthday..
just being a grandma for that day.
I also took a trip to see a very close friend who has been ill for a number of years.
We talked for hours about everything.... it was awesome. Blake, Paige and his family picked me up and we headed to Oceanside to see my other son Dwayne and his family. Of course my camera went out before we got there and I couldn't get pictures of their family. Dwanye recently bought a home and it was lovely about ten minutes from the beach.
Lily his wife (from Panama) was such a loving and attentive daughter-in-law, taking
us to the beach, inviting us in the jacuzzi and even bringing me a blanket when I was cold. I felt so spoiled. Dwanyne works for the nuclear power plant and was called in unexpectedly, but we still had time to talk about one of favorite subjects, reading. He had bought me a Christian/suspense book and I read over it every spare minute I had. Before leaving I was able to see my grandson Roland play baseball, just like his daddy, he is natural at sports.
Opps, almost forgot about my baby brother Art. He drove down with his youngest daughter Cassie to visit for a couple of days. Art the baby of my family has always been like one of my own kids. Coming from a very dis functional family I was left to raise my brother and sister (died) most of my life. While I wasn't very fond of all that mothering when I was young, it created a very strong bond between my brother and I. And then something new happened. I accepted Christ at 17. I prayed and prayed my brother would come to know Christ and in his early 20's he accepted Christ also.
I have never seen a more devout turnover to serving Christ than my brother. From the minute he surrendered he never looked back and disciple many of my children. So when we get together we talk about "JESUS" most of the time. He is the love of both our lives and we can't help but tell every detail on how he is making life amazing!

When reading my devotional today I just couldn't help but want to put it on my blog.
My Utmost For His Highest has always seem to touch me exactly where I need the spirit to go. Today it talked about keeping "MY" eyes on Christ first and foremost and let the other things fall into place. So many times with 18 kids, homeschooling, Africa and just daily living, I feel pulled in several directions. Christ has been trying to tell me to seek him first, REALLY seek him first and let him add the rest.
"Simple concept Lord help me to get it deep in my spirit I keep letting it go."



My Utmost for His Highest
Text Size: . . do you love Me? . . . Tend My sheep —John 21:16


Jesus did not say to make converts to your way of thinking, but He said to look after His sheep, to see that they get nourished in the knowledge of Him. We consider what we do in the way of Christian work as service, yet Jesus Christ calls service to be what we are to Him, not what we do for Him. Discipleship is based solely on devotion to Jesus Christ, not on following after a particular belief or doctrine. “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate . . . , he cannot be My disciple” ( Luke 14:26 ). In this verse, there is no argument and no pressure from Jesus to follow Him; He is simply saying, in effect, “If you want to be My disciple, you must be devoted solely to Me.” A person touched by the Spirit of God suddenly says, “Now I see who Jesus is!”— that is the source of devotion.

Today we have substituted doctrinal belief for personal belief, and that is why so many people are devoted to causes and so few are devoted to Jesus Christ. People do not really want to be devoted to Jesus, but only to the cause He started. Jesus Christ is deeply offensive to the educated minds of today, to those who only want Him to be their Friend, and who are unwilling to accept Him in any other way. Our Lord’s primary obedience was to the will of His Father, not to the needs of people— the saving of people was the natural outcome of His obedience to the Father. If I am devoted solely to the cause of humanity, I will soon be exhausted and come to the point where my love will waver and stumble. But if I love Jesus Christ personally and passionately, I can serve humanity, even though people may treat me like a “doormat.” The secret of a disciple’s life is devotion to Jesus Christ, and the characteristic of that life is its seeming insignificance and its meekness. Yet it is like a grain of wheat that “falls into the ground and dies”— it will spring up and change the entire landscape ( John 12:24 ).

No comments:

Post a Comment