Monday, August 23, 2010

My heart part 2



Kenneth age 2




Kenneth died. I can still remember holding him in my arms last April...only two but the size of a nine month old. So tiny, but I though to myself what a strong little boy. But like so many children in Liberia he got Malaria even with all the precautions like mosquito nets, healthy diet, solid home to live and medical care.

But with cerbral palsy, his little lungs were to weak to fight off the Malaria and he got pneumonia.

As my children joined together for prayer tonight they prayed "Jesus, I hope
you are having lots of fun with Martina, Kenneth and Varney." "Thank you Lord that they are with your safe and never feeling any pain again." Because they believed, just in faith that being in the arms of Jesus had to be better than anything
this earth had to offer.

Oh Lord thank you for children's hearts. For allowing me to see through their eyes, and not my own.....

And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.
(Matthew 18:2-6 ESV)

1 comment:

  1. ohh, Varney passed away too? I'm so sorry. You were working so hard for him. He is no longer suffering even though those left behind are. I will pray for God to comfort you in your sorrow and especially for his mother who loved him so dearly. The prayer of your children is so touching.

    ReplyDelete