Sunday, August 22, 2010

What is in my heart Part 1




Sweet adorable Martina




A week ago three children in Liberia died. Two in the Forget-Me-Not children's program and one in the medical outreach program. It was heartbreaking, painful and I am still questioning why. By the worlds standards I know why, it is because medical care in
Liberia is inadequate. Children without special needs die every day, but have
cerbral palsy and get sick....

We are not even sure why Martina died she just died in her sleep.

I have heard many people tell me how much better the kids are in the arms of Jesus,
now without pain and sorrow.... but I first imagined them
in the arms of "adoptive parents." I first imagined them in the U.S. with really
great medical treatment loved and lavished in a home that adored them, but the Lord
had other plans.

I remember when I used to dream of adopting a child from another country. I would
watch all the ads on the T.V. about starving children and want to help them. I wondered how I could help with SO many needing assistance.

But now this is REAL. I have been to Liberia Africa, held these children in my arms,
advocated for them, prayed for them. This is PERSONAL.

FAITH

Heb 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

It is the process of going through the trials that make us stronger?

No comments:

Post a Comment