Wednesday, November 4, 2009







I recently read a book about a missionary who worked in awful conditions for
all of her adult life. When asked how she endured it she wrote how to be
content.

1. Never allow yourself to complain about anything not even the weather.

2. Never picture yourself in any other circumstance or someplace else.

3. Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.

4. Never dwell on tomorrow-remember that tomorrow is God's, not ours.

I am not saying this because I am in need , for I have learned to be content
whatever the circumstances. I can do everything through him who gives me strengh.
Phil. 4

I posted this above my computer and try to read it daily. It is so easy to
to become discontent with life, but I know Paul said to be content in ANY circumstance, and he wrote that from Prison.

We moved from a huge home in California, with are the conveniences you could imagine,
a church we adored and the list goes on... to a small home in Texas that needs lots of work and I have such peace it amazes me. Contentment is just being where Jesus
calls you to be. Trusting that he has a purpose and a plan for every step we take
in obedience, even if we can't see ahead of us.

"...For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..."

Jeremiah 29:11

And my children....well they seem pretty happy with tire swings, a trampoline, trees, sticks and 20 acres to run. God is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment