Monday, November 2, 2009

Loving Animals










We fostered these adorable puppies when we went to get our 16yr. old a puppy at the
pound. These puppies were doomed to die in two days if someone didn't adopt them... but the fee's were too high for us to take them home. I called a Rescue and they were happy to let us foster them. It formed a great relationship with the puppies, the rescue SPCA and our family. We just couldn't stand the thought of leaving them
at the Rescue to be adopted so we stayed with them while people came in to adopt.
We wanted to help while we were there so we walked dogs. Five of my children and I took turns taking the dogs out of there kennels and letting them outside to run and play. It was exhausting, but terribly rewarding, and everyone was very kind.
Our pups didn't get adopted (can't say that I wasn't glad) but we had a wonderful
time volunteering. Animals teach children a valuable lesson in loving. I have to say
I feel some quilt, like it should be a human I am helping, but I know God loves animals because he says he does in Mathew 10 29-31
. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

So for now we will just love the little creatures and enjoy the blessings the Lord has provided.

Oh yeah, our newest member of the family is a little boy, 12 week old pot belly pig.
A birthday present from my grown daughter. Every tried to catch a pot belly pig on
20 acres? It was just plain hilarious watching all 20 of our family running around trying to catch this pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment