Sunday, January 3, 2010

Conner giving the pig water
Aurallia, Richard, Julie and Destiny making lunch.
I have been in bed sick with the flu. My 5 yr. old daughter Mary came to lay in bed with me and was putting lotion on my arms. She said "Mommy, do you like being white?" I looked at her beautiful African skin and said "I love having skin that Jesus made just for me" We have lots of chats about "color" in our home being we are a very multiracial family.
Jesus created all of us very special, with no mistakes, which includes the color of our skin, but society has set up their own system and black or brown have a different set of rules.


I am sure that other mothers would argue the point but I believe I have become a little Hispanic, African and Asian since we have adopted all of our children. Like when someone accused my 16 yr. old AA son of stealing something off a public library computer (he wouldn't even know how) just because he was the only black (we say brown in our home) kid in the place. I know that because when she said where is you mother, and he pointed to me, her mouth fell open and she had a real shocked look on her face. I didn't even have to defend him at that moment, she walked away. But I was SO mad and hurt. How dare she! And yet it was just another glimpse into SIN in our fallen world.
But I so don't want my children to suffer....


My 5 yr. daughter also decided that she was going to pray for me. It went something like this "Jesus please heal my mother and all the African kids, and can you give us some more money because we need to buy more food and some toilet paper" Can you tell I haven't been to the store in a few days?


I do love when my kids do things that Glorify God, even if it is in their own home. These are pictures of my children who offered to make lunch when I was sick. It just warms my heart when they choose to serve and they don't have to be paid or persuaded.


Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of the heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children." Matthew 11:25

No comments:

Post a Comment